Game: Just Dance 2 / Just Dance 3 / Michael Jackson: The Experience / Just Dance Wii (Japanase version)
Genre: Music video game
Number of players: 4
Game Engine: Internal tools
During this project, I held the position of Level Designer
Concept: In Just Dance, players use only the standard Wii Remote and attempt to mimic all the moves of the on-screen silhouette dancer. Players earn points depending on what moves they perform and how well they perform them.
- Worked on the game frame in compliance with the constraints. As a Level designer on Just Dance, had to respect key triggers (rhythm, fun, learning curve, time of rest…) when creating choreography that is in tune with the music.
- Understood problems related to every platform (Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360) and adapted the development.
- Developed entertaining and lively choreographies with dancers, shot them and integrate them into the game.
- Adjusted the difficulty of the game by creating an adapted and gradual scoring.
- Participated to playtest sessions to complete the results of my work.
- Designed an original game, using internal tools and engine, and wrote structured documents for the team.
- Participated in the development of 3 games in one year – all commercially released.
- Communicated, shared and resolved problems with all the other teams involved (structure of about one hundred employees).
- Coached new level designers in the team.