Game: Assassin’s Creed Unity: Dead Kings (DLC)
Genre: Adventure / Action
Number of players: 1 to 4 (in cooperation mode)
Plateform: XBOX ONE / PS4 / PC
Game Engine: Anvil (Internal tools)
During this project, I held the position of Level Designer and Mission Designer.
Concept: Saint Denis, 1794. Following the events of Assassin’s Creed Unity, journey with Arno to the ominous rural city of Saint Denis. Follow him as Arno explores the troubling open-world city of Saint Denis and its extensive underground universe an ancient necropolis with an intricate network of catacombs and deep caves that hide the best-kept secrets of the French kings.
Use Arno’s lantern to advance in the dark, fend off the animals creeping around the catacombs, and solve ancestral puzzles. Alternatively, put out the lantern and become one with the shadows.
Unlock the powerful new Guillotine Gun to unleash both explosive destruction and close-combat havoc.
TRAILERS: Assassin’s Creed Unity: Dead Kings
■ Was in charge of designing and scripting 1 main mission and 3 side missions (Story of Franciade) of the game.
- Writing the Mission Design Document (MDD).
- Designing an entire zone of the game in Saint Denis Underground from scratch (MDD>Sketchup>3DSMAX>Anvil).
- Making a 360°c approach of the level design to give the player multiple ways to complete the missions (sneak or rush).
- Designing three puzzles mechanics with the game designer.
- Prottyping the puzzle logic in Anvil to test them and making them better.
- Tweaking the navigation flow with level artist (Bertrand Bergougnoux).
- Debugging my missions and all the side missions of the DLC.
- Assisting at the playtest sessions on my maps to focus problems of understanding, navigation and fun.
The missions I worked on are listed below.
SEQUENCE 13 MEMORY 04: “Raising The Dead”
SIDE MISSION 01: “Sugers Last Will”
SIDE MISSION 02: “The Eyes Of The King”
SIDE MISSION 03: “A Royal Hide”