LEVEL DESIGNER / GAME BUILDER
Game: Working on Beyond: Two Souls
Genre: Adventure / Action
Number of players: 1 or 2 in Duo mode
Game Engine: Internal tools
During this project, I held the position of Game Builder (script) / Level Designer
Concept: Born with a connection to a mysterious entity with incredible powers, Jodie was different. In an adventure spanning 15 years of her life, your actions will determine Jodie’s fate as she faces extraordinary challenges, danger, and heartwrenching loss on a journey to discover the truth of who she is. Beyond promises an emotionally-charged journey unlike any video game before.
TRAILER: Beyond: Two Souls
■ Was in charge of scripting 10+ levels of the game.
- Assembled data together (gameplay, animations, FX, sound, dialogues).
- Built and tweaked levels consistently according to GDD and technical constraints.
- Debugged and provided technical expertise to fellow colleagues.
- Made sure the pace was right for each level and found appropriate solutions if it was not.
- Strong cooperation with coders, cameramen, animators and gameplay scripters to ensure a great experience each level in terms of immersion, narration and fun.
■ Designed and scripted AI behaviours for the in-house editor for all stealth scenes.
- Focused on player/NPC or NPC/NPC interactions.
- Created their routine so it was consistent, realistic and non-repetitive, according to the player’s actions.
The scenes I worked on are listed below.
CHAPTER 6: “Welcome to the CIA”
CHAPTER 12: “Like other Girls”
CHAPTER 18: “The Mission”